It’s summertime, the COVID vaccine has rolled out, and mask mandates are being loosened or, in some places, dropped altogether. This trifecta is resulting in a surge of socializing in most areas of the country, which is also resulting in a surge of STDs. We get it! Everyone has been cooped up and cut off from other humans for a really long time and things happen. That doesn’t mean your health has to be at risk though, and STD testing can help you make sure you’re having your cake and eating it too, so to speak. The CDC currently estimates that 1 in 5 people in the U.S. have a sexually transmitted infection. At ProHealth, we have what it takes to help you not be just another statistic. Keep reading to find out what tests we offer at ProHealth and what symptoms to be on the lookout for!
- STD symptom of Chlamydia include painful urination, lower abdominal pain, genital discharge, pain during intercourse, bleeding between periods, and testicular pain.
- Test offered at ProHealth with Chlamydia for $105 as part of Panel 1 for $235 or Panel 2 for $180
- Early STD symptoms of HIV can include fever, headache, sore throat, swollen lymph glands, rash, and fatigue. As HIV develops over time symptoms may change to also include diarrhea, weight loss, cough and shortness of breath, night sweats, shaking chills, and opportunistic infections.
- HIV is treatable and modern medicine has made great strides in helping HIV patients often live full, virtually normal lives.
- Test offered at ProHealth: individually for $78, as part of Panel 1 for $235 or Panel 2 for $180
- STD symptom of Genital Herpes can include small red bumps, blisters, or open sores in and around the genital and anal areas; pain or itching around genitals, buttocks, and inner thighs.
- Very treatable
- Test offered at ProHealth: individually for $105, as part of Panel 1 for $235 or Panel 2 for $180
- HPV drastically increases risk of cervical cancer. Symptoms often don’t appear, but genital warts may arise along with HPV.
- Resulting health issues are treatable. HPV not curable, but preventable with vaccine.
- STD symptom of Trichomoniasis can include clear, white, greenish, or yellowish discharge, strong vaginal odor, genital itching or irritation, and pain during intercourse or urination.
- Early stages of syphilis can manifest as a STD symptom with a rash, fever, enlarged lymph nodes, fatigue and general discomfort, soreness, and aching. Late-stage syphilis can include lack of coordination, numbness, paralysis, blindness, and dementia.
- Test offered at ProHealth: individually for $65, as part of Panel 1 for $235 or Panel 2 for $180
- STD symptoms of Hepatitis can be asymptomatic, but for those who do have symptoms they can experience fatigue, nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain (specifically around the liver), loss of appetite, fever, dark urine, muscle or joint pain, itching, and yellowing of skin and eyes.
- Hep. A is not curable, but symptoms can be treated. Hep. B cannot be cured but most adults recover fully. Hep. C is not curable.
- Test offered at ProHealth as part of Panel 1 for $235
- STD symptom of Gonorrhea can include thick, cloudy, or bloody genital discharge, pain or burning during urination, heavy menstrual bleeding, painful and swollen testicles, painful bowel movements, and anal itching.
- Test offered at ProHealth: Gonorrea for $105, as part of Panel 1 for $235 or Panel 2 for $180
Prevention of STDs & the STD symptoms is the best way to manage them, and ProHealth is passionate about helping you do just that! All of our walk-in clinics offer quick, judgement-free STD panels and compassionate continued care throughout treatment. Pricing on our website for each panel can be found here and our locations can be found here. If you’re sexually active, call or walk-in to any of our clinics and let us help you stay healthy!
ProHealth’s STD Testing Panels
At ProHealth, we offer two STD Panels that test for all the most common bacterial and viral STDs
- STD Panel 1 includes HIV type 1 & type 2 antibody/antigen (4th gen), Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, herpes type 1 & type 2, Hepatitis Panel A-B-C, and a urinalysis. The total is $235. No doctor’s order needed.
- STD Panel 2 includes Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, herpes type 1 & type 2, and urinalysis. The total is $180. No doctor’s order needed.